Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk has flagged a review of her government's controversial decision to implement ID scanners in pubs and clubs after a backlash from venues and patrons.
Since the scanners became compulsory in safe night precincts like Brisbane's Fortitude Valley from July 1, there's been reports of long lines, angry customers and international tourists being turned away from venues for not having valid ID.
Ms Palaszczuk said there would always be teething problems with new system, but stressed her government was listening to industry concerns.
"Of course we'll always be listening and where we can make changes we'll respond," Ms Palaszczuk told reporters in Cairns on Monday.
"I have every faith that the attorney-general (Yvette D'Ath) will be listening to the community and the responses."
The premier also said she had met with hotel operators, who had told her the new arrangement would lead to beneficial "flow-on effects for the restaurant community".
However shadow attorney-general Jarrod Bleijie said he had also been talking to operators, who did not think the government was listening.
"Just a week since scanners were introduced and, in true Labor form, communication with industry has been non-existent, things have been done half-baked and now jobs are at risk," Mr Bleijie said.
"The right thing to do now would be for the Palaszczuk government to pull up, admit their mistakes and start again, and this time listen to industry."
Under the changes, venues in designated Safe Night Precincts must scan IDs from 10pm if they want to open past midnight.
The changes have resulted in long lines at venues, as well as patrons getting frustrated trying to re-enter a venue only to wait in line to get their ID scanned again.
A group of French winemakers were last week denied entry to an upscale Brisbane CBD bar because they did not have valid ID, leading to claims the scanners are in "international embarrassment".
© AAP 2017