National News

Man linked to Beaumont cold case dies

A man linked to the disappearance of the three Beaumont children more than 50 years ago has reportedly died.

Allan "Max" McIntyre died aged in his late 80s at a nursing home on South Australia's Yorke Peninsula on Tuesday, the Adelaide Advertiser reported.

Police previously said that there was no evidence linking Mr McIntyre to the cold case.

Jane, 9, Arnna, 7, Grant Beaumont, 4, went missing on Australia Day in 1966.

Mr McIntyre's son, Andrew McIntyre, this month revealed to Fairfax Media that his father and family friend Anthony Alan Munro - who will soon be sentenced for 10 child sex offences - were at the Glenelg beach in the days about January 26 that year.

Last year, police said they had reached a point where there were no leads left to follow.

© AAP 2017

You may also like...

Nominate a Lady of the Grape

Nominate a Lady of the Grape

A recent partnership between Wine Australia and the Australian Women in Wine Awards has meant the key dates for the 2017 awards have been shifted...

Qld house destroyed by suspicious fire

Qld house destroyed by suspicious fire

A vacant house has been completely destroyed by a suspicious fire southeast of Brisbane's CBD.Emergency services were called to the Woolloongabba...

Two charged in Qld stolen car police chase

Two charged in Qld stolen car police chase

A teenage girl and a man have been charged after leading police on a dangerous chase through several Brisbane suburbs in a stolen car.The 16-year-old...

Man charged over Sydney stabbing

Man charged over Sydney stabbing

A man has been charged after he allegedly stabbed another man in the face and neck on Sydney's Lower North Shore.Police were called to a Lane Cove...